Architectural Design Manager / Project Manager For Low-Rise Residential Large Renovations & Custom Homes
Manage Design and Project Management Staff (currently 7 plus out-sources):
- Set out, oversee and manage hours and time lines for Design & Project Management Staff
- Conduct weekly meetings to review projects, and prepare a weekly Design Status report and Construction Status report for management, and individual Design and Construction ‘Concierge’ reports weekly for each customer/project
- Review Designers’ & Project Management staff time sheets and prepare monthly billings for time
Concept – Design – Working Drawings ready for permit and ready for construction use;
Scopes of Work, Selections, Estimating and Purchasing.
With Sales Manager, meet with each Customer at contract signing stage and develop a relationship
Oversee the development of Concept Design Strategies for Main Floor Renovations, Additions, Second Story top ups, Custom Homes for presentation
Manage the development of Design Drawings for sign-off by Customers
Manage the development of Permit ready Working Drawings complete with full information for construction staff.
Oversee design work, for accuracy and completeness, of inhouse design team as well as Architectural and Interior Design Firms, with a view to maximize constructability by Georgian’s construction crews.
Review, red line and approve drawings at concept, design and working drawings and permit stage. Further evolve standards and templates for the working drawings.
Procure and manage outside consultants such as Architectural Firms, Interior Design Firms, and Structural, Electrical & Mechanical Engineers, outsourced drafting service overseas.
Ensure accurate and complete Scopes of Work for each project as per Georgian’s Template
Oversee and approve the customers’ Finishing Selections and organize Photo Quality 3D Renderings
Oversee Municipal approvals for C of A and building permits. Provide BCIN stamp.
Manage and mentor Estimating staff, review tender invites and track quotes
Assemble tenders and prepare final estimate for fixed price change order
Oversee purchasing of materials/selections and engaging of sub-trades.
Present Value Engineering cost savings if required
Present packages to Customers at various stages
- Oversee project turnover to Construction Staff
- Maintain the MS Project schedules for construction periods
- Maintain the schedules for purchasing supplies and sub-trade awards
- Manage the pricing and issuance of Change Orders.
- Ensure the projects are inspected for construction compliance with drawings
- Oversee post construction Customer Service and reporting to Management
Critical Performance Indicators
- Accuracy and completeness of drawings for permit award and constructability
- Accuracy and completeness of SOW, Tenders and Price Summary, including Value Engineering; and budget monitoring/review
- Completing drawings and presentation within budgeted hours and deadlines
- Maximize staff efficiencies and chargeable hours
10 to 15 years’ experience in managing residential interior renovation/ addition projects from $500,000 to $2.5 million
Strong Leadership and Staff/Project Management skills,
Problem solving and organizational skills to work within tight deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities
Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
College, technical school or University Degree in Architecture or Design Management, Project/Construction Management
Through knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
Architect Stamp or BCIN
Proficient in CAD, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel
Thank you for your application.