SR ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST FOR HIGH-END RENOVATIONS & CUSTOM HOMES
Interested in combining your experience with a residential design AND build business?
We are seeking a High-End Residential Sr Architectural Technologist for Renovations and Custom Homes to join our team. Specifically, talented technologists who share our core values of commitment, teamwork, detail orientation and technical know-how. Our design-build 10 step process starts with in-house design, finishing selections, full working drawings, through to in-house construction, and full after-service care, all delivering remarkable experiences to our customers.
Our office, in Mississauga, now has over 30 people, including sales, design, project management/construction, accounting and corporate. We encourage you to see our website www.georgianreno.com , a rapidly growing division of the Georgian Group.
Are you ready to join a dynamic team with innovation and technological excellence? Do you understand the subtleties of translating design into technical drawings? You should have a Diploma in Architecture or Architectural Technologist and have 7-10 years specific experience in luxury residential drawings & construction. High comfort with AutoCad, Autodesk Architecture 2017 and Sketch-UP 2017 is also required.
The job description would include:
Construction/Working Drawings Package:
- Meet and coordinate with internal Designers to translate conceptual drawings to working drawings
- Assist in preparing Final Construction/Working Drawing Package and specificiations for sign-off, ensuring they are technically correct and complete
- Consult with external Architects, Engineers and Specialty Consultants on disciplines required to complete working drawings and specifications
- Assist in finalizing the Final Design/Finishes Package ensuring the quality and proportions of materials come together
- Provide Construction Team with FULL drawings, selections and anchor budget Ensure drawings and build are compliant with the Ontario Building Code
- Attend with Construction Team for the pre-construction visit & introduction
- Clarify and help resolve site issues with construction team during the build
- Assist in developing internal staff with progressive seminars to update and refine their technical skills and that of working drawing sets for all projects
- Assist in creating smart drawing tools and templates for internal staff
Thank you for your application.